Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

I'm in Key West, which is apparently the third largest gathering for New Year's in the US (behind NYC and Vegas). I don't doubt it. There were a ton of people on Duval St. last night. It was insane. Instead of a ball that drops, they lower a drag queen in a ruby slipper at midnight. Unfortunately, I am sans camera. I broke it in St. Thomas. :*(

I'm using my new Blackberry (I got the Storm just before I left for St. Thomas - it's touchscreen and very cool) to take pictures and video, but it doesn't hook up to my Mac (seriously Blackberry, what's up with that?) so I can't get them to you very easily. If I figure it out later, maybe I'll come back here and put up some pics or something, but honestly, I doubt it.

So if you want to see the craziness, just google Duval St and look at pictures. Know that the pictures will probably not be safe for children.

Oh, funny story. So the other day I was at the grocery store and the checkout person was a drag queen. So he/she checks me through, and as I get my bags I notice that none other than Elvis was behind me. So I stopped and stared for a minute as Elvis bought his groceries from a drag queen - Only in Key West.

No comments: